This is where an organization has a single management system that is a combination of 2 or more management systems standards (e.g. ISO 9001; 14001; 27001) and also complies with PAS 99:2006 “Specification of common management system requirements as a framework for integration” and wishes to be audited.
An Integrated Management System (IMS) is a single system incorporating the requirements of two or more auditable standards. Any combination that includes at least two of the following standards will be considered to be an integrated system.
Integrated Approach :-
- Management Reviews that consider the overall business strategy and plan.
- An integrated approach to internal audits upon the Integrated system.
- An integrated approach to policy and objectives setting.
- An integrated approach to looking at the aspects impacts and risks to the business.
- An integrated approach to systems processes.
- An integrated documentation set including integrated desk instructions and work instructions, to a good level of development as appropriate.
- An integrated approach to improvement mechanisms, (Corrective Action; Measurements and Continual Improvement).
- An integrated approach to planning, with good use of business wide risk management approaches.
- Unified management support and a coherent participation.