Significance of Occupational Health and Safety (OHSAS) They represent a different approach as follows :-
- These focus on management rather than on goals.
- These promote audits of management, not of attainment.
- These establish principles and uniform approaches for evaluation of Activities, Product & Services and communication of Safety & Health attributes & managing the same.
Impact of Occupational Health and Safety (OHSAS)
- Implementation of OHSAS used as a declaration of commitment to Ensuring safety and health of employees, visitors & property.
- Implementation of OHSAS used as a way to Manage and Maintain regulatory compliance.
- Societal pressure to adopt OHSAS 18001 standards will increase.
- Will effect how industry manages, measures, improves and communicates information on Safety and health hazards of its products and operations.
- Will become a condition of doing business in many markets and regions.
- Will effect how plants are managed and how decisions are made relating to products and processes.
- Some governments are expected to require ohsas 18001 certification from suppliers of specific goods and services.
- There will be both benefits and costs for organizations that adopt these standards.