The EFQM Excellence Model was introduced at the beginning of 1992 as the framework for assessing applications for The European Quality Award. It is the most widely used organizational framework in Europe and has become the basis for the majority of national and regional Quality Awards. In India too, several organizations are using this model and CII in association with EXIM bank uses the same framework for Quality award for CII members. The EFQM Excellence Model is the most widely used organizational Model for a number of activities.
- Organizations assessing themselves in order to identify where to focus improvement activity.
- Strategy reviews and creation.
- As the basis for applying for the European Quality Award and many national quality awards.
Why Self Assessment ?
Whilst Quality Awards are a focus for some users, the true measure of the EFQM Excellence Model's effectiveness is its widespread use as a management system and the associated growth in the key management discipline of organizational self-assessment. Regardless of sector, size, structure or maturity, to be successful, organizations need to establish an appropriate management system. The EFQM Excellence Model is a practical tool to help organizations do this by measuring where they are on the path to Excellence; helping them understand the gaps; and then stimulating solutions. Self-assessment has wide applicability to organizations large and small, in the public as well as the private sectors. Increasingly organizations are using outputs from self-assessment as part of their business planning process and use the Model as a basis for operational and project review.
Why EFQM Model for Self Assessment ?
The EFQM Excellence Model is a non-prescriptive framework based on nine criteria. Five of these are 'Enablers' and four are 'Results'. The 'Enabler' criteria cover what an organization does. The 'Results' criteria cover what an organization achieves. 'Results' are caused by 'Enablers' and feedback from 'Results' help to improve 'Enablers'. The Model, which recognizes there are many approaches to achieving sustainable excellence in all aspects of performance, is based on the premise that: Excellent results with respect to Performance, Customers, People and Society are achieved through Leadership driving policy and Strategy, People, Partnerships and Resources and Processes.
TQM International Services on EFQM
- Awareness on the requirements of EFQM model.
- Assessors training for Self Assessment based on EFQM Model.
- Position Report writing/ preparation for Excellence Award/self-assessment.
- Diagnosis/self-assessment by TQM International assessors.
- Guiding trained assessors to conduct self-assessment.
- Position Report preparation for award/ self-assessment.
- Making improvement plan, post-assessment.
- Benchmarking with best-in-class practices and results.