Sr. Consultant, TQMI
With a strong base in Management System Standards, and SQC/SPC, can guide any industry in practical application of these concepts in their own surroundings, as a Sr. Consultant and Lead Auditor of IRCA (UK).
Age: 53 Years Training & Consultancy Experience: 34 years
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING UNDERGONE
- M. Sc (Statistics ) from Presidency College, Chennai
- Lead Assessor by Batalas Ltd., UK
- International Course on Industrial Quality Control by Bouwcentrum International Education, Netherlands
- Total Quality Control by APO & JPC, Japan
- Certified Quality Engineer by RWTUV, Germany
- Introduction to EMS Course by TQMI
- IEMA Approved Advanced EMS Auditor Course ( Lead Auditor Course) conducted by TQMI
- Awareness on Quality School Governance Standard ( QSGS ) developed by NABET under QCI
- School Accreditation Assessor Program by QCI
- 1 –Day Capacity Building on ISO 9001 : The Requirements in 2015 Edition, conducted by Dr. Nigel Croft, Chairman, ISO /TC 176, SC 2 Committee
- 2 –Day Train the Trainer Programme on ISO 9001: 2015 by TQMI, New Delhi
- Registered Lead Auditor of International Register of Certificated Auditor – IRCA, (UK) for the past 22 years. ( Re-certified recently up to 01.01.2020)
EXPERIENCE ACROSS VARIOUS SECTORS
Providing effective Training, with a focus on Practical Approach & Application of concepts across various sectors like Manufacturing, Chemicals & Food, Banking, BPO &, IT, Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, and others, from large, medium and small sectors, both in India and overseas.
- 1993 till date (23 Years till now) Sr. Consultant – TQM International Pvt. Ltd.,(TQMI).
- 1964 -1993 (30 Years) Sr. Director (Management & Systems) – Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)
- 1963 – 64 (6 Months) Faculty – cum – Analyst, Agricultural College & Research Institute (ACRI), Coimbatore.
AREA OF EXPERTISE
- Represented as the National Secretary on ISO / TC 176 – Technical Committee at the International Level for formulation of Quality System Standards (ISO 9000 series) for 3 years during 1991-93 and contributed for the development of ISO 9000 series of 1994 & 2000 versions.
- Providing Training , and consultancy services based on various Management System Standards, such as, ISO 9000 series, TS 16949 ( now IATF Document), ISO 14000 series, BS OHSAS 18000 series, and Integrated Management System Standard (PAS 99), and on Core Tools, such as, APQP /PPAP, FMEA, MSA, SQC / SQC / 7 Simple QC Tools, KAIZEN, and on related Projects,
- Developed / Developing Course Materials on SQC / 7 QC Tools, QSGS, NABH Health Care Providers and on other related Courses being delivered by TQMI.
- Recently developed Course Materials based on ISO 9001: 2015 & ISO 14001 : 2015 for QMS & EMS & IMS Internal Auditor and Lead Auditor for the future use of the industry
- Presently developing Course Materials for Awareness & Internal Auditors for ISO / DIS 45001:2016 pertaining to OHSAS.
- Providing auditing services of the systems of the organizations for ensuring Continual Improvement of their processes, products & services.
- Helped companies in improving quality of products & services, optimization of cost and delivery through standardization of work processes and improvement through the application of the concepts of SQC / SPC.
- Helped companies to enhance product and service quality for greater customer satisfaction through the application of Quality Assurance.
- Guided companies in the development of documentation as needed for effective implementation and for Third Party Certification thereof.
- Co – authored & prepared the books on “Guide on Company Standardization” (an SEI Publication), “Handbook on SQC” (BIS Publication), and the book on ‘Personal Quality’ (Vikas Publications).
EXPERIENCE & KEY COMPETENCIES
- A clear understanding of the management principles and concepts.
- Effective Trainer w.r.t. Management System Standards, SQC and SPC
- Able to work and guide as part of a multidisciplinary team with a focus on achieving the Objectives set.
- Experience of giving professional advice and guidance based on independent audits, as well.
- Ability to capture & analyse needs and expectation of the customers and other Interested Parties.
- Have worked under the direct guidance and mentorship of Quality Gurus like Prof. Y. Washio.