Mr. Janak Mehta
- Chairman & Managing Director of TQM International Pvt Ltd., since 2002
- Chairman Intangles Lab Pvt. Ltd.
- Honorary Director of Asian Network for Quality since 2011
- President Indian Society for Quality, since April 2020
- Director AIMIL Ltd. Since July 2020
- Director – Lean Management Institute of India (LMII) 2011 onwards
- Managing Partner – T4T Consultants LLP since 2017
Business leader with focus on organizational transformation through quality management and business excellence across all functions and all levels based on holistic approach to management.
- Deming distinguished Service Award for Dissemination and Promotion (Overseas) In 2012 by Deming Prize Committee – JUSE, Japan – Only the second person in the World – Outside japan
- Lancaster Medal in 2012 by American Society for Quality (ASQ) – Only Indian
- Harington -Ishikawa Award by Asia Pacific Quality Organization in 2015 in Shanghai
- Founders Medal by International Academy for Quality, USA in 2018
- Honorary Member, International Academy for Quality since 2018
He has been a Keynote speaker and Invited speaker at conferences across the world in 48 countries including Japan, USA, Europe, China, Middle East, South East Asia, Central Asia, South Asia, Africa and South America.
Mr. Mehta has been involved in setting up various institutions for quality promotion in India and overseas and continues to do so. This includes Quality Council of India (QCI), TQM Division of CII, Indian Society for Quality (ISQ) and Asian Network for Quality (ANQ) as nonprofit organizations and two for profit making organizations.
You may learn more about his work at following websites.
PAST EXPERIENCE: CONSULTING (28 YEARS)
Managing Director TQMI. Chairman and Managing Director in 2002. TQMI teams have guided about 1000 companies in quality and productivity improvement and cost reduction.
1996 to 2006
Director T4T Consultants Pvt. Ltd. doing organizational transformation work in the Middle East and South East Asia.
1988 to 1992
Advisor Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) he set up the TQM Division of CII in 1988 and nurtured the initial phase of quality movement in India. He was fortunate to obtain guidance from stalwarts like Dr. V. Krishnamurthy, then Chairman of Maruti and Steel Authority of India Ltd.
PAST EXPERIENCE: BUSINESS (25 YEARS)
Chief Executive of BECO Engineering Company1980 to 1985
General Manager, Carbon Corporation Ltd., Nashik, India1976 to 1979
Works Manager HEG Ltd., Bhopal, India1963 to 1975
Various capacities at Union Carbide India Ltd., India
Professional contribution towards quality, productivity and social aspects
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Helping companies to improve overall performance through Total Quality Management, Toyota Production Systems, Total Productive Maintenance covering all aspects of management.
Guiding organizations to challenge Deming Prize and other Business Excellence Awards.
Strategy planning and deployment, New Product Development, process improvement, people engagement and capability building.
- Chairman – International Academy for Quality (IAQ) 2015 to 2017
- President – International Academy for Quality (IAQ) 2012 to 2014
- Chairman – Ishikawa – Kano Award Committee of ANQ since 2016
- Honorary Director – Asian Network for Quality (ANQ) 2011 onwards
- Chairperson Asian Network for Quality 2009-2010
- Member – Governing Council, Quality Council of India (QCI) 2009 to 2013
- Member – Governing Council of Indian Society for Quality (ISQ) 1996 onwards
- Founding President – Indian Society for Quality 1996 – 2002
- Member – Governing Council of Bureau of Indian Standards (BSI) 1990-1991
- Chairman – Engineering Services Committee, Confederation of India Industry (CII) 1983 to 1988
- Member – Governing Council of National Productivity Council (NPC) of India 1986-1987
- Chairman – Nashik Zonal Committee, CII 1983 to 1985
- President – Chinmaya Mission, Nashik 1980 to 1985
EXPERIENCE ACROSS VARIOUS SECTORS AND GEOGRAPHIES
Process industry, discreet manufacturing, petrochemical, metals, food processing.
Financial services, Software, IT enabled services, healthcare.
India, Middle East, ASEAN, Europe and Africa.