B N JHA
BE (Mechanical Engg), M Tech (thermal Engg.), MBA ( Production and Operations Management)
KEY SKILL SETS:
KEY AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- Driving Change initiatives in the business
- Leadership team engagement to diagnose business issue
- Team facilitation and hand-holding for logical thinking and process improvement
- Gap analysis for business process improvement using various instruments
- Conducting variety of training including management concepts and tools like six sigma, lean, TPM, Process Excellence, Benchmarking
Company: Aditya Birla Group – Corporate World Class Manufacturing Cell (September 2001 – September 2016)
Key Areas of Engagement :
1. Facilitating Six Sigma Implementation involving following key responsibilities:
- Identification of Business Process Improvement Opportunity through various diagnostics and leadership team discussion
- Building capability by designing and imparting training for Master Black Belt, Black Belt. Green Belt and Champions.
- Hand-holding Six Sigma project teams to impart skill for carrying out Six Sigma Projects
- Design and implement review system with Top management to accelerate the pace of implementation.
- Designing and implementing reward and recognition program for six sigma resources
(Businesses focused were: Pulp and Fibre, Spinning, Textile and Garments, Cement, Financial
Services and Idea Cellular)
2. Leading operational excellence program:
- Implemented various improvement opportunity identification initiatives like plant basic condition evaluation, maintenance audit, Process Maturity model assessment, assessment on manufacturing excellence framework of ABG
- Implemented various action plan arising from opportunity identification initiatives with management team and grass root level teams to improve operational excellence maturity of manufacturing units of assigned business (Pulp and Fibre, Spinning, Textile and Garments) and Services Business ( Financial services)
- Implemented CI culture through suggestions and kaizen programs to secure involvement of grass root level teams in CI.
- Designed and rolled-out group level continuous improvement policy byintegrating operational excellence initiatives like six sigma, lean, VE, asset care,etc into a comprehensive CI policy and its roll-out to businesses and SBUs
- Established “Academy for operational excellence” by designing near 120 training modules aimed at various levels of competency and established partner eco system and curriculum including e-learning, learning-by-doing, etc
- Designed and implemented end to end process improvement starting with L1 QFD to improve manufacturing capability for product quality benchmarking involving rigorous SPC implementation, process optimization and equipment uptime improvement.
|Quality, Reliability & Operations Research||One Year Full time||Indian Statistical Institute||1980|
|Train the Trainer||3 weeks||ISABS||1984|
|ISO 9000 Systems Auditor||1 week||PE Batalas||1990|
|ISO 9000 Systems Auditor 1 week PE Batalas 1990 Facilitator for:
||Each One week duration||ABB, Switzerland||1995 to 1999|
|Business Excellence Assessor:
||2 week, 1 week||ABB, Germany CII||1998, 1999 & 2004|
|Certified Facilitator for Process Improvement and Management||1 week||Rumbler Brache Group,Sweden||1996|
|Six Sigma Master Black Belt||10days||Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore||2007|
- Senior Assessor for CII-EXIM bank award assessment
- ASQ certified Quality Engineer since 1985
- Contributed more than 20 Technical Papers in Journal and Seminars
- Won Best Quality Improvement Project Award in All India Competition organized by IAQR in1988.
- Guest Faculty to professional quality forum like IAQR, NIQR, and other bodies/ organization like IIW, OFSC, TQM Forum, CII – TQM Division, ISI-SQC Unit Short Training courses, etc.
Training and site-visit on Process improvement projects in ABB companies in Sweden, Finland, Germany, Switzerland and USA.
Six Sigma Training and project facilitation in Aditya Birla Group companies in Indonesia, Thailand, Phillipines , Egypt and Canada.